Wi-Fi 6 DEVICES REVIEW
Wi-Fi 6, previously mentioned as 802.11ax is unarguably referred to as the most recent version of Wi-Fi till date. It came into existence in 2019 and overtook Wi-Fi 5 (801.11ac) and other wireless Internet networks. With a maximum of 9.6 Gbps (gigabits per second) speed, it’s considered the upper and faster new generation wireless networking standard. one of the advantages of Wi-Fi 6 is improved internet condition, especially when connected to multiple devices and user. this is often actually because Wi-Fi 6 support routers are specially designed to reinforce and keep all the devices up so far with the info they have .
To enjoy fully, all the promising internet excellence and opportunities that Wi-Fi 6 provides, you’ll need Wi-fi 6 aided routers and devices. Below are variety of the topmost compatible ones you’ll purchase:
There are an excellent number of routers designed in support of the Wi-Fi 6 wireless network to assist improve speed, capability and throughput, a number of the top-performing routers within the market are:
- Asus RT-AX88U: this is often the simplest router that has been tested and trusted, it’s fully loaded with refined elements and really competent management software. it’s great speed and is extremely easy to put in . it’s going to not be affordable for a couple of persons, but having all of the above features including inbuilt malware protection should be an honest motivation to spend all that cash . it’s also considered the simplest future-proof router one can have now.
- TP-Link Archer AX6000: this standalone, dual-band router is taken under consideration because the very best for optimum connectivity, it’s a wealth of ports and wired connections which most routers lack. The Archer AX6000 router is powered by a 1.8GHz quad-core processor, which makes it quite capable enough to accommodate and protect multiple home devices.
- Netgear Orbi with Wi-Fi 6 (RBK852): this is often the leading Wi-Fi 6 mesh router with speed and capability. Orbi name is understood for straightforward setup and exceptional performance. It also works with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa for seamless voice control throughout the house .
- Netgear NightHawk AX8 RAX80: This Wi-Fi 6 routers provides speedy throughput and excellent file transfer performance and is comparatively easy to put in . Its lack of anti-malware protection and hard to seek out clients might be an honest reason to chose others.
- D-link EXO mesh AX1500 (DIR-X1560): Here’s an economical , good 5GHZ performance router. it’s capable voice control but lacks 160MHz support. there is no anti-malware protection, USB or multi-gig LAN ports.
Mobile phones rate the 2nd Wi-fi 6 aided devices after routers, Samsung was the primary to start out it with their Galaxy S10, before others followed suit. Recent mobile phones with fast Wi-Fi 6 speed are listed below:
- iPhone 11, 11 pro max, and 11 pro
- Huawei P4 pro
- LG V60 ThinQ
- Motorola Edge plus
- iPhone SE
- Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10E
- Onplus 8 and eight Pro
- Samsung Galaxy Fold
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10
- Samsung Galaxy S20
There are many notable phones that do not support the Wi-Fi 6. Some include the Samsung Galaxy Z flip, Google’s Pixel lineup, and Pixel 4. But with this recent development, upcoming phones are likely to be inbuilt support of the Wi-Fi 6 or maybe a replacement designation which will be adopted by Wi-Fi because nobody would want to be overlooked within the development of the new generation technology world.
It is quite unfortunate that none of the Apple’s laptop supports Wi-Fi 6 yet, as that might are many people’s favourite, but there are many other laptops that are produced with Wi-Fi 6 as a default . they’re as follows:
- LG Gram 17: this is often specially made for lovers of mobile and lap-friendly laptops due to how light weighted it’s regardless of its 17-inch size. The battery life is commendable and it’s improved keyboard and overall design from 2019. The bad news is that the high price and accidental clicks that the centred touchpad could cause.
- HP Spectre x360: A premium laptop features a shocking size difference compared to the old X360, it had been reduced in size though it didn’t affect the performance. It came with an IR camera switch and mic mute button for improved privacy and is loaded with HP software which will not be needed. The battery life great, it can last for up to 10 hours.
- Lenovo Yoga c940: Yoga c940 is more responsive than its predecessor and operate more like your Android phone. One can happily pay the acquisition price due to its excellent features and improved display quality. Included is just too small for extended use. Placement of all the ports at one side is dissatisfactory.
- Dell XPS 13 (2020): Dell returned with a bang on this one which seems like an excellent breakthrough . This particular Dell laptop features a taller display, more ports and connections than regular ones we have seen within the past. it’s a rather smaller body and therefore the woven texture palm rest might not be everyone’s favourite.
- Asus Chromebook flip c436: This right here, may be a beautifully designed Chromebook. it’s also a particularly portable two in one device that appears just like the 2020 Dell XPS 13 and therefore the latest MacBook Air by Apple. It possesses certain attributes that it faster than others. there is no active pen and its battery life quite shorter than other notable Chromebooks.
Why the name change?
The Wi-Fi Alliance concluded that using only IEEE standard identifications like 802.11n, 802.11ac, 802.11ax etc, could also be confusing in order that they considered and made amendments. this is often how it correspond with the new ones: 802.11n = Wi-Fi 4, 802.11ac = Wi-Fi 5, and 802.11ax = Wi-Fi 6
We are yet to ascertain Wi-Fi 6 support in other devices like TVs, Streamers or smart home gadgets. albeit Wi-Fi 6 supported devices to be very pricey but people would always want to be a neighborhood of everything trendy. So any tech company that’s not able to embrace change in no distant time maybe be overlooked with little or no customers.